Saturday, November 22, 2008

แนะนำม้งและปเกอญอ

Introduction to The Hmong and The Karen

All the information that I have given here is collected from various resources mostly from the internet, and even from my own experience, my family and friends as well. I have tried hard to work on this interesting topic with the purpose of bringing the awareness about the two ethics to us. I hope this information could bring to my readers a better understanding of the Hmong and the Karen.

Firstly, I would like to give a brief background on the two ethics’ history. In order to understand them better, we should take a look at the brief history of each of the following.

It should be stated here that the Hmong and Karen do not share the same history. I would prefer to say that The Hmong history has something to do with Hebrew, Mongolia Chinese and Laos. At the same time the Karen history has something to do with Murmur.

Let’s look at the brief history of the Hmong and the Karen simultaneously.

The Hmong are still unclear of their past and lack informational links to find their history, most of our history were a part of other history i.e. Chinese, Mongolia and Hebrew.

Many scholars have suggested about the Hmong history in many ways such as;

A)The Hmong was first in China.

B) The Hmong is one of the Lost Tribes of the Hebrew.

C) Mongolia was the place from where Hmongs came from.

All these theories are not fully accepted, they are just the possible suggestions of the history suggested by the Hmong scholars and other European linguists. Whether it is true or not, that is the mystery of the Hmong history.

The Hmong people are to be found today in the mountains of China, Laos, Myanmar (Burma) , Thailand , The United State of America , France and Australia.

The Karen, who call themselves as “Pwakin-nyaw “ and who are known as Kariang in Thai.

The Karen of Burma believes to have begun their first migration into South-east Asia as early as 1128 B.C. Again we do not know about their history clearly too, because there was no proof related to this. So, I will not present what had been happened in the past, I simply lead you to what had happened according to the record.

The Karen people gained their independence from Burma in 1948 and live in their own county of Kawthoolei.

A war broke out a year later that resulted in ongoing fighting until today where the Myanmar military raid, persecute and burn down Karen homes and villages.

Due to many political problems in Burma, thousands of Karen has left there for Sweden, Norway, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the United States.

Just like the Hmong people that not only can be found in China, Laos, Myanmar (Burma) , Thailand , but also in The United State of America , France and Australia. This migration was due to the war in Vietnam in 1975

Now we shall come to the first conclusion on the similarity between the Hmong and the Karen that they also live all over the world as other ethics.

No comments:

My Friends' Blogs

India and I

  • There are alots of things which waiting for us to discover. All knowledge is not around us,but inside. It is depended upon our ability to realise and pick it up. The apple falls from the tree,and if Newton failed to learn from it,then the law of gravitation would have not been discovered!!!
  • India is the country of contrast. You often see someting beyound your expectation.Yet,and I found that there is a tool similar to Hmong's ones expecially the stick used for balancing the two baskets for carrying water. I observed that their's one is like ours only. In Hmong language we can read it phonetically as " / dΛ ŋ/ ". This attracts me to look forward for the connection.
  • India has also have a interesting story "Why corps in the filed do not come home themselves like in the past?" I have heard this story when I was a child. Thus when I came across this Indian legend ,it reminds me of the Hmong version. If you are interested you can check it out form my page in Thai text,otherwise you can surf it. This story creates another couriosity in me. I want to find out if we had been to India before we reached in China. Because the ICE AGE or the Peleolithic Age or The Earliest traces of human existance was in India.
  • India is where we Hmongs think that there are also Hmongs live in. But I have experienced that there is not Hmong Indian. Yet,there is a gruop of people who call themselves as "Mizo"(with the similarity of the Hmong's names given by the Han, i.e. Miao zu,Meo or even Mizo ) .But as far as I have learnt form my Mizo friends in college,our language is competely different to one another.Moreover, our dress also is different. However there are many Hmong researchers suggested me that there are Hmongs living in India,and yes, there are Hmongs living here, but only living for studying.
  • I was in debt to India. She educates,guides and teaches me how to be a great survior.
  • เป็นกำลังใจให้ทุกคนๆเดินออกมาพร้อมความสำเร็จนะ
  • ใครเรียนอยู่อินเดียบ้าง..ขอมือหน่อย